If you have never heard of the Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks, MAN YOU ARE MISSING OUT! But, lucky for you I am going to show you how to make your own so you don’t have to fork out 4 or 5 dollars for one bar!
I love these bars because they remind me of the holiday season, of cold weather, of drinking tea and lots of happy memories! They are really simple to make and (I think) they are the perfect dessert- besides pumpkin pie- to bring over as a Thanksgiving dessert!
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Cup dried cranberries
6 ounces white chocolate
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
6 ounces white chocolate chips (some for sprinkling over the top, some to melt and drizzle over the top!)
1/2 c dried cranberries
orange zest (optional)
1. Set oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray*** (DO IT)
2. prepare cookie layer. first, melt butter in microwave. Stir in brown sugar, and let it cool to room temp. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Then add dry mix into wet in three installments. Next fold in cranberries and white chocolate.
3. Spread cookie mix into pan. Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over bake, you want this layer to be really moist (but not raw…obvi). Cool on wire rack.
4. Prepare frosting. In a large bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer. Add melted white chocolate and beat.
5. take cookie layer out of pan. Forst cookie layer. sprinkle with dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and drizzle with melted chocolate. Let frosting set by throwing it into the fridge. and cut!
Store in fridge!!
Watch this video to see how I did it: